Workflow Automation for Email Alerts Not Working

I have a sheet where users will be able to enter rows as a new "ticket", and once they selected what the ticket category is, another row will populate a name through a column formula. I have set a workflow as a test for when my Maintenance Request Owner column changes to a name, an email will be sent out daily with the summary of changes. I thought it would be simple, but the email never came through. I tried changing it to When triggered and added a new test row with the right changes to trigger an email, but that also didn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=e7347a5e46874ff68b3074c0fe31b0d2

Best Answer

• SPIPMO
    SPIPMO ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @RaymondF

Please try this.

(1) When rows are added or changed - any value

(2) Add Condition -- When Maintenance request owner is equal to Mel Tek (you can add conditional path for other names).

(3) Alert someone...

Hope this helps!

che-spi.pmo

Answers

• SPIPMO
    SPIPMO ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @RaymondF

Please try this.

(1) When rows are added or changed - any value

(2) Add Condition -- When Maintenance request owner is equal to Mel Tek (you can add conditional path for other names).

(3) Alert someone...

Hope this helps!

che-spi.pmo

• Hi @SPIPMO

That worked! Thank you!

What is the difference between what I did (setting the maintenance request owner change within Trigger) and what you did (setting the maintenance request owner change within Condition)?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!