Best way to disseminate information to multiple customers using Workapps?

Options

Hello! I am looking for a little advice on the best way to approach an issue. We use Smartsheet to store numerous project plans in various workspaces for each customer. We then combine the data - like progress status - to create reports that go up to leadership. We are also being asked to create a means for our customers to view some of this information. Since they are not regularly Smartsheet users Workapps seems to be the tool we need.

My question is this: What would be the best way to setup a solution so that each customer only sees their specific project data and none of the others? Should we setup multiple Workapps, one per customer, and control access through that or can we setup one Workapp and control access through something like a dynamic view per customer and assign each business only to that one view in the Workapp. I am still new to Smartsheet so I hope I at least gave a good overview of the issue even if the possible options are not feasible.

We understand that there will probably be a bottleneck for user management (WorkApps User Management — Smartsheet Community) but we think this is acceptable for the benefits for us and our customers.

Thank you for your help and take care!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @TekWriter

I hope you're well and safe!

It depends on what data you want to show.

Can you share some screenshots or/and more details about what you'd like to show? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• TekWriter
    Options

Hi Andrée! Thank you for the quick response! I am sorry, but I really cannot share any part of these project plans. :-(

I am sorry if I am not explaining this well. Basically we have about 4 dozen project folders in a workspace with each folders having a number of subfolders, sheets, and reports and we want to share the information here - probably in some kind of dynamic view but we are open to what format we use - with the customer. Is it better to create one Workapp per customer or is there a way to setup a Workapp so that only specific customer information can only displayed with that customer.

I THINK we would have to create a Group for each customer and then either create a new workapp per customer to display the required data or if we could possibly set it up so that each of these customer groups is assigned to a role that can only view a specific slice of the info.

I am very sorry if I am not making sense. My newness to Smartsheet is growing. Any guidance you can provide would be great. Just imagine the least painful way to parse out information to diverse groups who cannot view each others data and who probably do not Free Collaborator licenses or higher of any kind.

Thank you again for your time and take care!