Share Filter Box Disappeared

Ken Armstrong
Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Had an interesting glitch today. My company has an enterprise plan so sharing filters happens all the time. Today for some odd reason on just one sheet the share filter box just didn't populate for the owner of me as an admin of the sheet. To troubleshoot we did a bunch of refreshes, check other sheets (No Issues) and since this was a new sheet we built some general use filters to try and see if we edit them if it would reappear. Nothing changed! Next I made a copy of the Sheet via save as new and boom the share filter box reappeared. Did a refresh on the original and still gone. So now we are using the Copy I made and had to adjust the shuttles tied to the original.

Such an odd random glitch!

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Project Manager, GE Aerospace

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

Best Answers

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that is odd. I have never had this issue. Seems like really the only thing that could have been done was to recreate the sheet. Did you try looking at the Activity Logs to see if something appeared there that could point to why this error occurred?

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kleerfyre Yes I looked at the activity log and found nothing. Super odd. Thanks for the response!

Ken Armstrong

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 05/18/23

Hi @Ken Armstrong

Sharing filters is available on Business and Enterprise plans; is it possible that the owner of the sheet is on a Pro plan or other type of plan? Then when you created a copy, you became the owner on your Enterprise plan? (Here's more information).

If the previous owner is on a Business or Enterprise plan, my next troubleshooting steps would be too see if there's a browser extension that may be affecting the filter functionality.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Genevieve P. We are both on the same enterprise plan and use chrome with the same extensions that are up to date. It was just a one time thing so far and haven't run into it again. Once we made the copy of the sheet it was good on the copy.

Ken Armstrong

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Ken Armstrong

I'm glad to hear it's sorted on the new sheet, but that's definitely unexpected for your first version! If it happens again, please do reach out to Support with a screen recording and the affected sheet URL.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Genevieve P. I sure will!

Ken Armstrong