Sheet Summary Copy Function

I have created a sheet summary within a grid. When selecting the sheet summary copy function, identifying what sheet I want the sheet summary to be copied to and selecting "copy options: field names, values, formulas", the sheet summary fields have errors instead of the data from the original grid. How do I resolve the errors?

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Double check the formulas. Make sure they are all referencing columns that are in the new sheet. If there are any cross sheet references, those will also need to be recreated.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Pauline J
    Pauline J ✭✭✭✭✭

I am having the same problem -- my sheets are exactly the same. The formula is being modified when it is placed in the new sheets. It should say:

=COUNTIFS([Compliance Status]1:[Compliance Status]22, "Compliant")

But instead, when it lands in the sheet it modifies the range:

=COUNTIFS([Compliance Status]1:#REF, "Compliant")

I am trying to copy these to multiple sheets at the same time, by using the Sheet Summary Copy feature.

IF I select the actual formula, and then open the new sheet's Summary and then hand-paste it into the field, it will paste correctly. However, I have 6 formulas to copy into about 300+ sheets ... any ideas on how to get the formula to paste correctly using the Sheet Summary copy feature is welcomed!

Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!