Quiz scoring

Need a proper formula to count each correct answer on a row. with inspections it is safe or at risk which is easy to count, but i can figure out how to count each column with different answer.

I came up with this =COUNTIFS([Reason forklift safety is important]@row, "D. All of the above", [Primary sources of fuel]@row, "D. All of the above", [Operator is not required to wear seat belt]@row, "E. The operator is always required to wear their seat belt") but equals 1 not 3

please help @Paul Newcome

Best Answer

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/07/23 Answer ✓

=COUNTIF([Primary sources of fuel]@row, "D. All of the above") + COUNTIF([Operator is not required to wear seat belt]@row, "E. The operator is alwa...) + COUNTIF([major difference between car and forklift]@row, "D. All of the above") + ...

You should be able to finish the formula based on this. This will work, but this will be a very long formula. Maybe someone can suggest a more concise approach.

COUNTIFS is not meant to count multiple things. Its purpose is to verify that something meets multiple criteria before being counted.

Answers

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/07/23 Answer ✓

=COUNTIF([Primary sources of fuel]@row, "D. All of the above") + COUNTIF([Operator is not required to wear seat belt]@row, "E. The operator is alwa...) + COUNTIF([major difference between car and forklift]@row, "D. All of the above") + ...

You should be able to finish the formula based on this. This will work, but this will be a very long formula. Maybe someone can suggest a more concise approach.

COUNTIFS is not meant to count multiple things. Its purpose is to verify that something meets multiple criteria before being counted.

• Kyle Black
    Kyle Black ✭✭✭✭✭

@Carson Penticuff, that is what i have done for now just time consuming

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!