Trying to determine if all children have N/A Status

Options

I'm working on a formula for summary rows to look at the % Complete of the row as well as the statuses of the child rows. I have the % Complete portion handled:

=IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Complete", IF(AND([% Complete]@row > 0, [% Complete]@row < 1), "In Progress", IF([% Complete]@row = 0, "Not Started")))

I want to add in another nested IF to check the statuses of the child rows, & if they're all marked N/A, then display N/A. Something like this:

=IF((All children contain N/A), "N/A", IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Complete", IF(AND([% Complete]@row > 0, [% Complete]@row < 1), "In Progress", IF([% Complete]@row = 0, "Not Started"))))

I just need help writing out a logical statement that will check the status of the child rows. Let me know if I need to clarify anything & thanks for your help!!

Tags:

Best Answer

• ro.fei
    ro.fei ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got it! It's long but it works:

=IF(AND(CONTAINS("N/A", CHILDREN(STATUS@row)), CONTAINS("Not Started", CHILDREN(STATUS@row)) = false, CONTAINS("In Progress", CHILDREN(STATUS@row)) = false, CONTAINS("Complete", CHILDREN(STATUS@row)) = false), "N/A", IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Complete", IF(AND([% Complete]@row > 0, [% Complete]@row < 1), "In Progress", IF([% Complete]@row = 0, "Not Started"))))

Answers

• ro.fei
    ro.fei ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got it! It's long but it works:

=IF(AND(CONTAINS("N/A", CHILDREN(STATUS@row)), CONTAINS("Not Started", CHILDREN(STATUS@row)) = false, CONTAINS("In Progress", CHILDREN(STATUS@row)) = false, CONTAINS("Complete", CHILDREN(STATUS@row)) = false), "N/A", IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Complete", IF(AND([% Complete]@row > 0, [% Complete]@row < 1), "In Progress", IF([% Complete]@row = 0, "Not Started"))))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!