Document Builder - Fillable Form w/ inconsistent font sizes

I have successfully created a fillable document using the Document Builder but my only issue is that it is not pulling in the information from the sheet in the same font size. I've checked my pdf form and sheet fields to confirm the font size is the same but when I generate the document, some are 10 and some are 12. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Erin Kim
    Erin Kim ✭✭✭✭✭

@SMB When I build my PDF as fillable I have to ensure all form boxes are marked the same size, and ensure it is not checked to auto size. Could be a auto size issue on the PDF?

• SMB
    SMB ✭✭
    edited 06/07/23

I did notice the auto size and updated and saved it to the same font size as my cells in my sheet so I don't think that's the issue. I just updated my pdf to be auto-size and it corrected all but 1 field. That field is a text field that is populated from a form. Maybe I need to check the form field font sizes?

• SMB
    SMB ✭✭

Fixed - it was the properties in the form that needed to be updated.

• Where do I find the auto-size in properties on the PDF?? I'm having the same issue

• SMB
    SMB ✭✭

I opened my document in PDF-Xchange Editor, selected the field, right click and the text properties box opens. You can edit the font, fill color, font size, etc. in this box.

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭

Have any of you been able to use this to generate a form letter? It seems to work great in a table but more difficult when using with paragraphs.

• SMB
    SMB ✭✭

Yes I am now using it to request approval for a project from our dealer. It was tricky setting up the form fields to line up correctly as well as the fonts but after trial and error, I finally have the form letter appearing correctly. When I need to send it, it's literally a few clicks and I'm done. I should also note that my fields are not in the email paragraph but rather on separate lines at the top before the paragraph and for the signature at the bottom.

• Is the XFactor Editor a premium feature? I don't see that tool option. All my other settings align with other comments, but the formatting is still causing the text to be different sizes... Hitting a wall with this

• SMB
    SMB ✭✭

PDF-Xchange Editor is an alternative app to Adobe Acrobat that we use. I'm not sure what you mean by 'premium feature'.

• Ellie Ruby
    Ellie Ruby ✭✭✭

Hi all -

Below are instructions for updating font when using Adobe Acrobat Pro. I posted this on another comment thread but also read this one to help me figure out how to fix this issue.

The font size and font type are dictated by the PDF. When you are in the "Prepare Form" area within the PDF, right click the inserted text field to bring up "Text Field Properties". Within this help box, click on the "Appearance" tab and update the bottom "Text" section. I have noticed if the Font Size property is set to "Auto" it brings in different font sizes based on what the column type is within Smartsheet so I have set a standard font size for all my forms.

Hope this helps! 😀