Cell Linking Contact Lists

Options

I have two sheets I want to link but I am having an issue with the second sheet listing the linked cell data. The original sheet has assigned contacts that I want to link to my second sheet but when i create the link, the cell does not populate. I made sure the column formats and contacts lists were identical on both sheets so I am not sure why the information is not populating.

Please help!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you create a contact list in the first sheet? I have seen it to where if I create a contact list then use an item from that list linked to a cell in another sheet, it doesn't always populate correctly. Secondly, I have seen that sometimes it has been taking quite a while to populate the data in the sheet that is receiving the data. Did you hit save on your sheet that you are linking from as well?

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you create a contact list in the first sheet? I have seen it to where if I create a contact list then use an item from that list linked to a cell in another sheet, it doesn't always populate correctly. Secondly, I have seen that sometimes it has been taking quite a while to populate the data in the sheet that is receiving the data. Did you hit save on your sheet that you are linking from as well?

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @MirandaLang

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• MirandaLang
    MirandaLang ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question! I was confused because some cells were populating instantly and others were not so I was thinking it was a format issue. Thankfully, after awhile, I went back to the sheet that was pulling from the original and my cells were all populated!

Must just be a lag, thank you for the input!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!