Forms - Heading/Description

Is there a way to apply formatting to a Heading / Description field in a form? In the Description area, it looks like you can apply formatting (Bold, Underline, font color, backgroung, etc...) However, when I change these values, I don't see where this is reflected on any of the fields.

As you can see in the screen shot below, Bold, Font Color and Background are turned on, but nothing applies.

I'd like to have these fields stand out from the question text as I have a long form.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here is what the form looks like.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I understand. At least the font is a little different than the rest of the form. Maybe send it out to a small test group and get their feedback. Sometimes I'm my own worst critic when it comes to setting this stuff up for others.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Matt Galindo

Those settings apply to the description, not the heading. Maybe try removing the Heading and making the Description be used as the Heading with larger bold font.

Another suggestion would be to try to add a divider to separate that part from the questions. The divider is on the left by the attachment add-on. You can click and drag it into the form where you want it.

Probably not the answer you were looking for but maybe it will help.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

• Matt Galindo
    Matt Galindo ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Matt.

I was able to bold and shade, but could not increase the font size. Tried cutting and pasting a larger font size, but that did not work. Any suggestions?

Regarding, the dividers, I already had them in place in my other sections. This is the top of the form so I'm not using a divider there.

Matt

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I understand. At least the font is a little different than the rest of the form. Maybe send it out to a small test group and get their feedback. Sometimes I'm my own worst critic when it comes to setting this stuff up for others.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

• Matt Galindo
    Matt Galindo ✭✭✭✭

Sounds good.

Thanks.