Uploaded images on sheet are showing blurry only on computer not on mobile devices

Hi there,

Our Foreman have Smartsheet with attachments of drawings that are blurry on their computers. All images look very sharp on the phone even when zoomed in. However, when I open the same sheet on my desktop all the images appear blurry and they export blurry too. I can't seem to locate any settings to adjust this.

Answers

• Hi @Hannah Bull

Are these images in the cells of the sheet or attached to the row?

If they're attached to the row, the resolution will be defined by the file itself, so if the image is blurry when downloaded it was most likely blurry when uploaded as well.

In regards to images in cells, the preview image when double-clicking on the image will sometimes expand the file to a larger size than the original, which can result in a blurry image depending on the file type and resolution. That said, downloading the image should then provide you with the original size and resolution.

Is it possible that these uploads are coming into the sheet at a lower resolution than expected? A phone or mobile device would show a small size, so it may be appearing clearer on a smaller device.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Genevieve,

I'm experiencing the same thing with blurry images uploaded to the SmartSheet. We are uploading from Forms, just as we have in the past. In the past we could look at the financial statements with no problem. Now every image that comes in is low res, and impossible to read on a computer. I'd like to escalate this issue to IT to see if there is a setting issue or something Hannah and I are not doing right.

• Hi @DMS_2024

Please contact Smartsheet Support to create a support ticket; it will be helpful for them to have information about when the behaviour changed for you, if this happens on every sheet (or just one sheet and the sheet link), as well as any imagery you can send (the image itself versus a screen capture or recording, etc).

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now