Automation not working correctly

Hello, I have an automation that is not running correctly. It is not clearing the values requested and also not sending Paula Cosentino her notification. Also, if an automation sends an "Update Request" will that line show the little symbol for Update Request?

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Paula Cosentino

I see that your trigger is for when a specific column changes to a specific value - how is that change happening? Is that through a form submission or through a formula?

Are you able to post a screen capture of your Workflow page that shows when this specific workflow last ran?

I ask because actions that change a sheet (e.g. clear cell) cannot be triggered by changes that happen through a cross-sheet formula or cell-link. See: Trigger Blocks: Define When Your Workflow is Executed. Or, if the change is happening through a Form submission, this would count as a cell being created (versus being changed).

To your question, yes, if an Update Request has been sent out, either through an automation or manually, then the little icon will appear for that row while it's pending / waiting for the update to be filled out.

Let me know if this helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Paula Cosentino
    Paula Cosentino ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Genevieve,

The change is happening when our credentialing department notices something is missing from their application. So the cred department changes the STATUS manually which should trigger this automation. I'm not sure where to find the "workflow page" that shows when this last ran.

• Genevieve P.

Hey @Paula Cosentino

Thanks for clarifying! Yes I agree that a manual change should be triggering your workflow. To see when it last ran, go to the Automation tab, then "Manage Workflows":

Then at the bottom of your workflow it will show the last time it ran:

• Paula Cosentino
    Paula Cosentino ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great clue and sadly that's the only one of my automations that doesn't have history so that tells me a lot. I'll remove sections until I can get it to run, then will build it back up from there. THANK YOU.

• Genevieve P.

Let us know what you find out! It sounds like the trigger is not being met - either because the value being selected is slightly different than what's in the automation or because the action isn't accepted as a trigger (e.g. if it's a cell-link change).

Can you post a screen capture of the column in the sheet, but block out sensitive data? Any chance the spelling is different than in your workflow?