New licensed user still showing as a free user on my workspace.

Grady Rumfelt
edited 06/09/23 in Smartsheet Basics

We recently moved over the rest of my team over to licensed users. I was a licensed user, and they were all free users, but they needed more editing functions to all the sheets. All of my team members but one have access to my Workspace as a licensed user now. The one person who doesn't, does have two work emails. When she logs into Smartsheet, it's still showing her as a free user, even though she does have a license now. I have tried to unshare both her work emails and re-share to the email under the license, but it keeps switching her over to the free account under her other email. Any ideas?

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Grady Rumfelt

Someone with admin access needs to click their user logo button in the bottom left of SmartSheet and select User Management. They can locate her free account in the list and there's a new feature to Deactivate it without deleting it. It would probably solve this problem to have the free user deactivated and just their licensed user left active.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Grady Rumfelt

Another option would just be to untick Licensed User on the account she's not ending up logged into and tick the Licensed User under the other user account. If her browser keeps logging her into a specific account, you just just switch which account of hers is using the license.