If And Formula question

Hi,

I am giving myself a headache trying to resolve the issues I am having with this formula.

Currently this is set up to change the results in a dropdown Status column based on dates in other cells, its currently working well based on the above, as follows;

=IFERROR(IF([Actual Submit Date]@row = "", "Pending", (IF([Actual Compete date]@row = "", "Internal Review", (IF([Actual Date to Client]@row = "", "Send To Client", (IF([Actual Client comments]@row = "", "Client Review", (IF([Actual Piramal Response]@row = "", "Addressing Comments", (IF([Actual Final Client Approval]@row = "", "Client Approval", (IF([Actual submission to QA]@row = "", "QA Review", (IF([Actual Final or QA Approval]@row = "", "QA Review", "Approved"))))))))))))))), "")

However, there is now another column which needs to be taken into account, not all documents require client approval, so we have a yes no drop down, "Client Review Required" - Yes/ No. If Yes, the above path can be followed, if no, then the status must jump straight to "QA Review" and continue from there.

I cannot get my head around how to lay that all out in one formula, all help is appreciated!

Tags:

Answers

• Kaveri Vipat
    Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kirsteen Leckie 

Hope you doing well 

Please try this formula -  =IFERROR(IF([Client Review Required]@row="Yes", IF([Actual Submit Date]@row = "", "Pending", (IF([Actual Compete date]@row = "", "Internal Review", (IF([Actual Date to Client]@row = "", "Send To Client", (IF([Actual Client comments]@row = "", "Client Review", (IF([Actual Piramal Response]@row = "", "Addressing Comments", (IF([Actual Final Client Approval]@row = "", "Client Approval", (IF([Actual submission to QA]@row = "", "QA Review", (IF([Actual Final or QA Approval]@row = "", "QA Review", "Approved"))))))))))))))), ""),"") 

I hope this is useful to you.  

Have a Good Day! 

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"

• Hi,

Thank you for your help, this works well for the Yes option but unfortunately if No is selected the status does not change.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Give this a try:

=IFERROR(IF([Client Review Required]@row="No", IF([Actual submission to QA]@row = "", "QA Review", IF([Actual Final or QA Approval]@row = "", "QA Review", "Approved")), IF([Actual Submit Date]@row = "", "Pending", IF([Actual Compete date]@row = "", "Internal Review", IF([Actual Date to Client]@row = "", "Send To Client", IF([Actual Client comments]@row = "", "Client Review", IF([Actual Piramal Response]@row = "", "Addressing Comments", IF([Actual Final Client Approval]@row = "", "Client Approval", IF([Actual submission to QA]@row = "", "QA Review", IF([Actual Final or QA Approval]@row = "", "QA Review", "Approved")))))))), "")

• Hmmm, This is showing as Incorrect Argument Set. This one is 100% confusing my brain!

• Kaveri Vipat
    Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kirsteen Leckie 

Hope you doing well, 

As you mentioned the formula worked for ‘Yes’ conditions. So, please let me know what output you want when the option is ‘No’ so I can provide you the updated formula with another condition in it. 

Have a Good Day! 

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"

• Hi,

Thank you for your help so far, I need the output if no is selected to be 'QA Review' and then once the final date is input 'QA Approved' the final section of the formula is as follows;

(IF([Actual submission to QA]@row = "", "QA Review", (IF([Actual Final or QA Approval]@row = "", "QA Review", "Approved"))))))))))))))), ""),"")  - This is as it stands for is yes is selected. i need it to jump to here if No is selected.

I hope that makes sense?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!