Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Displaying current user in Sights

Options
Prab
Prab
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Is there a way to display the current user's name in Sight. I am building a dashboard which needs to show the logged in user's name and data associated with that user. I can display the data using a report that filters data for the current user based on values in a column( of type contact list) but cannot use the same method for displaying current user in the title of the dashboard as a report will return multiple rows. 

Any suggestions? or is this an enhancement request?

Thank you!

Tags:

Comments

• Brent Nathan
    Options

To my knowledge, there is no way to display who the current user is. As far as sights go, the creator of the sight is always considered the current user however. So you can't make a "current user" report, put it on a sight, and expect the results to change based on who is viewing the sight. It will always populate data for the creator.

This discussion has been closed.