June 28th Update: Accept the one-time permissions request when logging in via Microsoft SSO
Update as of June 28, 2023:
Smartsheet has migrated away from the deprecated Azure Active Directory (AD) Graph service to the new Microsoft Graph service effective today, June 27, 2023.
Please accept the one-time permissions request when using Microsoft SSO to ensure a successful login and continued access to Smartsheet. If you are an Azure Administrator, please check the additional checkbox option to consent to the permissions on behalf of your entire organization or grant admin consent for Smartsheet directly from Azure.
For more context, please read the advanced notice communications below.
Advanced notice communications:
On June 28, 2023, Smartsheet will be migrating away from the deprecated Azure Active Directory (AD) Graph service to the new Microsoft Graph service.
What this means for you: If you are attempting to log into Smartsheet using Microsoft Single Sign-On (SSO) on or after June 28, 2023, you will see a one-time permissions request, which you must accept to successfully log in and access your underlying Smartsheet instance. Failure to accept these permissions will result in an unsuccessful login attempt via Microsoft SSO.
If you are an Azure Administrator:
- You will also be provided with an additional checkbox option to consent to the permissions on behalf of your entire organization. We strongly encourage you to check this box when accepting the new permissions so that others in your organization can continue to access Smartsheet without interruption via Microsoft SSO.
- Azure Admins can also grant admin consent for Smartsheet for different enterprise applications directly from Azure. To do so, follow this navigation path: Azure Home > Enterprise Apps > Search for "Smartsheet" > click on "Grant admin consent for Smartsheet"
- You have previously consented to the same permissions for utilizing Microsoft SSO to log into Smartsheet via the Azure Graph service. We simply need to resurface the consent form because we’re migrating to the new Microsoft Graph service.
- You may also be prompted with the permissions request form if you attempt to authenticate into Smartsheet using Microsoft SSO from other third-party apps/integrations. If you encounter this situation, please accept the request to ensure uninterrupted access to your Smartsheet assets.
This change impacts all users utilizing login via Microsoft SSO in Free, Pro, Business, Enterprise, Premier, and legacy plans (Individual, Basic, Advanced - Legacy, Team, and Enterprise - Legacy), including free collaborators, unlicensed users, and Trial users.
To see the Microsoft announcement regarding the deprecation of the Azure AD Graph service, click here. We will update this community post when we officially migrate to the Microsoft Graph service. You can also stay informed by subscribing to receive product release updates for curated news of recently released product capabilities and enhancements for the platform of your choosing, delivered to your inbox. As new releases occur, you will receive a weekly email with news of what's released every Tuesday.
The Smartsheet Product Team
1. Permissions request form for Azure administrators:
2. Azure consent flow for Azure admins: