Concatenate Formula; IFERROR / ISBLANK = To pull all dates where the date columns are not blank

A.Veloso
A.Veloso ✭✭
edited 06/22/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi All,

I'm stuck on working on a concatenate formula that pulls out all filled in date columns only.

Currently unsure how to integrate IFERROR and ISBLANK functions in this formula to pull out only the date columns that are not blank!

Would like some assistance on this :)

Thanks,

Andrei

Answers

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The below should work once you replace them with your column names. Make sure and on the last If formula leave off the +"," part of the formula as I did below the rest of the If formulas should have it.

=IF(Date@row = "", "", Date@row + ",") + IF([Next Date]@row = "", "", [Next Date]@row + ",") + IF([Last Date]@row = "", "", [Last Date]@row)

I can't see a need for an iferror but you could add it around your formula if needed.

• Awesome! Thanks for the help, Hollie :)

• @Hollie Green is there a way I can group these concatenated dates according to their year and month and pull into a report?

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would need to understand a bit more about what you are trying to do to see if I can find a way. Is it just the dates you want pulled into a single cell or are you trying to create a report that will bring in other information based on the dates onto separate rows. A visual of what you are looking for is usually the best help.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!