IF statement that can pull data from more than one cell if

We are using Smartsheet as a ticketing system for reporting guest issues. I have set up a form for our team to use where they can select the "primary issue category", and then based on the issue they choose, it gives them another drop down where they can choose a "secondary issue" where they can be more specific about what the issue is.

In the data set, I have used an IF formula in the "secondary issue" column to pull data from the helper columns depending on which "primary issue category" has been selected. This works without issue and I have included the formula below.

=IF([Issue category]@row = "Maintenance issue", [Maintenance issue]@row, IF([Issue category]@row = "Housekeeping issue", [Housekeeping issue]@row, IF([Issue category]@row = "Guest request", [Guest request]@row, IF([Issue category]@row = "Keys and access issue", [Keys and access issues]@row, IF([Issue category]@row = "Lift issue", [Lift issues]@row, IF([Issue category]@row = "Security", [Security issue]@row))))))

But there will be times when a guest complains about multiple things, and instead of splitting these out into multiple rows, I would like to keep it on a single row (one row per guest). I have made it so that multiple options can be selected for "primary issue category", but is there anyway that I can pull data from more than one helper column into the "secondary issue" column?

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!