Dashboards on Mobile Devices?

Mike TV
Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a really nice dashboard I created for my team which works really well on PC. However, on a mobile device it just looks like a bunch of boxes with broken links. Every report has to be clicked into to open that individual report which means you're never looking at the actual dashboard on a mobile device.

Has anyone found a work around for mobile devices to make SmartSheet look and feel better to work with on mobile devices?

I'm trying to get my boss to switch us to tablets instead of trying to use our phones to view and report things with. Phones just seems like an after thought to SmartSheet and they didn't put any work or love at all into it.

@Genevieve P. Any ideas?

Answers

• Hey @Mike TV

It sounds like you're Publishing the Reports and then using a Web Content Widget to display it on a Dashboard, instead of using a Report Widget, is that correct?

If so, due to the nature of mobile functionality with Published content you will need to click the link to view the new page, instead of having it render directly on the Dashboard within the mobile app as you've found. Here's more information: Web content behavior in the Smartsheet mobile app

The way to ensure it displays in the Dashboard would be to use Report Widgets instead. I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into which widgets I am using. I'm sure you are correct that I'm using the Web Content widget. I didn't know those do not display on mobile.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P.

My dashboard is looking a tiny bit better now. However, it has 2 forms on it which the team fills out all the time. Those are showing up on the mobile dashboard as a box with a pink sheet of paper and pencil on the mobile dashboard. Is there any way for those forms to be displayed on a mobile device?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 07/07/23

Hi @Mike TV

This is by design when using the Web Content Widget; the Form will be shown when it's clicked on because that then enables the user to fill it out from a form page that's optimized for mobile devices. Once clicked on, this specific form will also show up in their "Recents" tab on the home page of their mobile device for easy access.

If you need the image of the Form to appear to display the fields without necessarily needing the functionality embedded, you could use an Image widget that has a link to the form underneath. This would allow you to display the form fields visually, then have the Form open up in the pop-up Form window (like it does with the current pink form image via the Web Content widget). Note that this means on a Web browser on a computer it would open the form in a new tab instead of being able to fill it out directly in the Dashboard.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P.

Thanks for the help. I'll explore some ideas.