How did everyone get introduced to Smartsheet

Options
Ken Armstrong
Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am curious of how everyone was introduced to Smartsheet.

I was introduced in 2019 by my manager and now close friend and mentor. He stumbled into Smartsheet and utilized it for a shipping and receiving log. This log ended up saving the company 25k due to logging in the proof of a tool rentals return. This saving was the use case he needed to get the green light to use as valuable tool for our quality management system. As the QHSE department we loved Smartsheet and once we got our system in place within Smartsheet we spread this love to the other departments. This made Smartsheet a irreplaceable tool!

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

Comments

• Trish Dillon
    Trish Dillon ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I started a new Project management job in 2017, and they used the basic sheets. I wanted dashboards, but we still needed the upgraded plan then. It wasn't until I joined the law firm that we had access to create dashboards. The details I could provide, like a PowerPoint with automation, became a huge starting point for my Smartsheet learning path. Now onto DEV and API pieces. oh, the possibilities.

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I had done a search for free project management tools to help my church out with a large project. Came across Smartsheet and rejected it... What? You don't have predecessors and successors? What kind of project management tool is this?? hahaha....

Fast forward a year and I take a new job with a company that has Smartsheet... (Hmm.. that name sounds familiar... Oh yeah, I know why....). They have an Enterprise account, but were using basic sheets. I discovered that the non-free account has Predecessors (yay!) and once I discovered Dashboards..... well, the rest is history :-)

I've used 2 other large mainstream PM tools. I like Smartsheet better. Is it perfect? No. But the combination of automation, project management functionality, premium apps, and integrations makes it far more powerful than the other PM tools I've used.

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for sharing! I love it!

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!