Report on User Access when Users are not Registered in MY Smartsheet system

Options

We have an application that has been built on Smartsheet. Several of our clients have the users of our system as Licensed (or unlicensed) Users in THEIR Smartsheet system. Because of this - we cannot add them in our Smartsheet system.

We would like to get a report that shows the utilization of OUR system by THEIR users. Currently, it looks like the Activity Log and Event Report will only display the Users who are registered in OUR system - even though we have these users in our Security Groups.

Can someone tell me if I am missing something here?

Thank you!

Isa

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hey @isabonita

The Activity Log in a sheet will record any shared user who views the sheet or takes an action on that item, regardless of what organization their plan is associated with. Here's more information: Track changes with the activity log

If this isn't giving you the report data you need, can you identify what actions you're looking to track?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Brooke Y
    Brooke Y ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @isabonita

I did a lookup for something similar the other day. I pulled an Activity log and removed all "shared to" that are in our domains. I then did a Pivot table to show the Count of Access (and accessed by) by Workspace, and created a similar one that had Count by Sheet owner to help me pinpoint where all of our shares were coming from. You can build the Pivot to any of the Columns and filter out to the workspaces or sheets you want to include from the log. Hope you can find what you're looking for.