I have a question about the numbers not reflecting fully in my sheet when I add a decimal point

I created a Smartsheet form for getting data from my team members.

I added a filed in the form to add a Invoice number, but the invoice number has a decimal point in-between, for example it is 17723533.3218539.

Now the challenge that I am facing is that, when this number populates in my form, it is viewing as 17723533.32185, the other two digits is hiding and I am not able to unhide it. Can you please help me with this.

Answers

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you are able to add an additional column, you can use this formula to get rid of the decimal:

=SUBSTITUTE([Your Column]@row, ".", "")

• Thanks for responding.

But, I want the decimal point as it is, I do not want to substitute it with anything.

The problem that I am facing is that, when the number populates in my row, it is viewing with missing numbers but all the numbers is populating, I need the numbers to view fully. For Example, the number 17563696.3153229 is populating in my sheet but I am able to see the this only if I double click on the row, if not it is viewing as 17563696.3153. I have attached the Screen shot of how it looks when it populates and how it looks when I double click it.

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/14/23

Oh, I definitely misread your question. Are you able to add an additional column? I'm not sure if this can be worked around without a helper column.

This one is kind of tricky because Smartsheet is limited to five decimal places. This is a "hacky" workaround, but seems to work in testing. It will require adding an additional column for this formula. It also assumes that all invoice numbers will be in the format "8 digits"."7 digits". If this is not the case, it gets more complex.

=LEFT([Invoice Line Item Number]@row, 8) + "." + MID([Invoice Line Item Number]@row, 10, 2) + RIGHT([Invoice Line Item Number]@row * 100, 5)