Conditional Formatting

Hi!

I am using conditional formatting to generate different colors in cells based on project status.

Green is project is complete

Blank is project is in progress

Yellow is project is in progress, but it is overdue by 1 week or less

Red is not complete and overdue by 1 week

I have different steps and each step has an expected date column and an actual date column. Currently, I only have dates for the expected date column, not the actual date (bc the actual dates have not taken place yet). The expected dates are currently in the future. For example, here are my dates in the estimated column.

Does anyone know how to complete conditional formatting in the actual date column with the criteria stated above?

Thanks!

Answers

• Hey @horrlind

Do you have an actual "Status" column in the sheet that identifies if something is Complete or In Progress?

If so, you could try something like this:

Remember that the order of your rules matter, which means you can add the Yellow statement before the Red statement.

Let me know if this makes sense! If not, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your sheet and learn more about how you are identifying tasks that are Complete or In Progress.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• @Genevieve P.

Thanks so much. We've change our criteria to be :

green is completed

blue is in progress

and red is overdue

These are the rules that we made in smartsheet. Whenever I click "today" for the date, it automatically did 7/18 and it does not automatically update as the days go by. Is there a way to make this change?

• Hi @horrlind

Instead of selecting a specific date for your blue rule, try choosing the option that says "is in the future"

You'll want to use the one that says "is in the past" for the red rule. Then you can set another rule for "is today" or add it to your other rules.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now