Smartsheet ownership

Kitty
Kitty ✭✭✭✭✭

The person who created and "owns" an important sheet we need is on 8 weeks maternity leave. We need to change a few things, but no one has that permission. How do we override that?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If there is anyone shared to the sheet as Admin, they should be able to make the necessary changes or share someone else to the sheet as Admin so that the changes can be made. Otherwise you are just going to have to wait until the owner of the sheet is able to share someone to it as Admin.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If there is anyone shared to the sheet as Admin, they should be able to make the necessary changes or share someone else to the sheet as Admin so that the changes can be made. Otherwise you are just going to have to wait until the owner of the sheet is able to share someone to it as Admin.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Kitty
    Kitty ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Paul. Because of your quick response, we decided to make a "working" copy of the sheet for her temp replacement to use until her return. We have renamed it using the same title, but adding "working copy" to the sheet name. The sheet is keeping track of all of the translations needed for our curriculum according to requests that come in for scheduling. When files are checked and a translation is needed, she needs to set an "alarm" to notify her if the date to finish is approaching and the translator needs to be contacted.

Have a blessed day!

Kitty

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. 👍️

10xViz.com