How do I choose what the app shows on startup?

When I launch the smartsheet app, it goes directly to a sheet that I haven't used in years (and probably should delete). How do I change what appears when I launch the app? I didn't see a setting anywhere. I'd prefer to see the frequently used sheets screen when I start it up but being able to select a different sheet would also be useful.

Apologies if I missed something obvious!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Bolie Williams IV

Ah! Thanks for clarifying you're using the Desktop App. In this instance, the Desktop App will open to whatever you last had open before you logged out last time, or exited the app.

Make sure you close out the tab that has that sheet open, and select what you want to see next time (e.g. the Home button). Then when you sign out and sign back it, it should take you to that Home screen instead.

If you click X on all the tabs to close them out this will take you to the Home screen again as well, by default.

Let me know if that worked for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Hey @Bolie Williams IV

How are you getting to Smartsheet? Is it possible you're using a bookmarked link or your browser is remembering a specific Smartsheet URL that directs you to that sheet?

Try bookmarking this direct link instead, which should always open you up to the Home page:

https://app.smartsheet.com/

Cheers,

Genevieve

• I am using the smartsheet app, not a web browser.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Bolie Williams IV

Ah! Thanks for clarifying you're using the Desktop App. In this instance, the Desktop App will open to whatever you last had open before you logged out last time, or exited the app.

Make sure you close out the tab that has that sheet open, and select what you want to see next time (e.g. the Home button). Then when you sign out and sign back it, it should take you to that Home screen instead.

If you click X on all the tabs to close them out this will take you to the Home screen again as well, by default.

Let me know if that worked for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve