Sheet Summary Formula Help

Options

Hello

I am trying to summarise a contact list column, however the problem is that I have a mixture of name and email address (a common problem with this property type it seems).

To ensure that I have captured both occurrences, I have tried the formula below, but I get #invalid data type.

Is someone able to advise where I am going wrong?

=COUNTIFS(OR(Responsible:Responsible, "Natalie Gorman", Responsible:Responsible, "natalie.gorman@rafcte.com"), Status:Status, <>"Blue")

Many thanks

Natalie Gorman

Answers

• Kaveri Vipat
    Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Natalie Gorman, 

You can try this formula- I have created a helper column 'H1'. So, if there is the name or email address of "Natalie" and the status is not blue then it will show "1" and then I have applied a formula in the sheet summary to count the 'H1'. This is how we will get the required count. 

H1 column formula is: =IF(AND(Responsible@row = "Natalie Gorman", Status@row <> "Blue"), 1, IF(AND(Responsible@row = "natalie.gorman@rafcte.com", Status@row <> "Blue"), 1, "")) 

Sheet summary formula is : =COUNT([H1]:[H1]) 

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"

• Natalie Gorman
    Natalie Gorman ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Kaveri

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I don't think this will work for me as I have a number of people I am looking to summarise for in the sheet summary tool.

Kind regards,

Natalie Gorman

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!