My Smartsheet Contacts are gone

cpholmes28
cpholmes28 ✭✭
edited 07/25/23 in Smartsheet Basics

This is the 2nd time this has happened. I have a bunch of contacts loaded in "My Smartsheet Conacts, that I use all the time to send update requests. They are now gone. All of them. The last time this happened, I logged out, then logged back in, and they came back. This time that did not work. The strange thing is, that when I go to a sheet and mouse over a name in a sell, the pop up shows the person's email address, but when try to send a sheet update request, and start typing the contacts name, it does not pull up, and then when I go to the Contact List, there is nothing there. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cpholmes28,

Sounds like an issue local to your machine. Can you try logging into another machine to test? If it works ok on another machine, or if you don't have access to another machine, I would recommend clearing your browser's cache.

BRgds,

-Ray

• Thanks for the response. I have tried logging into the browser version on Safari, and Chrome. I have also tried it on the iOS App version. I just cleared my cache on Safari, and still no contacts. A few more things to note. If I edit a drop down field in a form, and try to add a new contact, the entire contact list is displayed, and allows me to add a contact that was previously added to My Smartsheet Contacts. Also, if I try to share form with someone, the entire list of contacts is shown. However, if I click on the Account icon, then click on My Smartsheet Contacts, the box that appears is empty. Also when trying to send an update request to someone, when I start typing their name, it does not pull up the contact email address.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @cpholmes28

I hope you're well and safe!

If you haven’t already, I recommend submitting a support ticket through the new Smartsheet Support Portal.

Feel free to get back to the post with the result.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I would have done that first, however, it appears that the license I have (Individual Plan) does not allow me access to the support portal.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @cpholmes28

I checked in with the Support team and they confirmed that this is a known issue happening recently for Individual legacy plans; a fix is being actively worked on but I don't have an ETA for you just yet.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Genevieve P., as always, for your help & support!

Here's to the Community for work-arounds you never thought possible! (Like getting behind the scenes support when it's not part of a plan/subscription.) That's a big WIN!!

• Glad I could help! 🙂

Just to clarify, Individual Plan members do have access to the Support Portal. Members on a paid plan have access.

@cpholmes28, if you're having trouble accessing the portal in the future, you can use the form linked in this Help Article to contact Support.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now