Have "Current User" filters stopped working in WorkApps?

Options

We've been using a WorkApp to present smartsheets to users for a few months, with a 'my assignments' style filter, which have been working as expected.

However, over the weekend these filters have suddenly stopped working. When a user uses the filter, no items are returned (i.e. everything is filtered).

If the user opens the SmartSheet outside of the WorkApp, the filters work as expected, so it appears to be some issue with the WorkApps.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Best Answers

• Charlene Stacy
    Charlene Stacy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Smartsheet Support responded to my ticket: "This behavior relates to a known bug that is being investigated. I've added your report of this bug to make sure this issue is prioritized appropriately. Please note that I don't have an available ETA I can provide for when this bug will be resolved at the moment."

My suggestion is to submit a support ticket concerning the issue so they prioritize. Hope this helps!

• eseymour
    eseymour ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Checked this morning, looks like this was a fault, and has now been fixed :)

Answers

• Charlene Stacy
    Charlene Stacy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I submitted a ticket on this to Smartsheet Support last week. Prior to Tuesday, July 18th, 2023, the "Current User" filter worked correctly when viewing/editing a sheet using Workapp. Currently, the users who are shared to the work app per their roles assigned are unable to access the sheet through the filters created using "Current User". I have conducted testing on the Workapp, the current user works correctly through a Dynamic View and a report, but it is not working through a sheet.

• Brandon Hawley
    Options

We are experiencing the same issue.

• Charlene Stacy
    Charlene Stacy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Smartsheet Support responded to my ticket: "This behavior relates to a known bug that is being investigated. I've added your report of this bug to make sure this issue is prioritized appropriately. Please note that I don't have an available ETA I can provide for when this bug will be resolved at the moment."

My suggestion is to submit a support ticket concerning the issue so they prioritize. Hope this helps!

• eseymour
    eseymour ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Checked this morning, looks like this was a fault, and has now been fixed :)