Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Document View 💡

Options
JeremiahHorstick
JeremiahHorstick ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Smartsheet Team,

I hope you're doing well. I've been using Smartsheet extensively and have a technical suggestion that could significantly enhance the platform's capabilities. I'd like to propose the implementation of an advanced Document View feature, which would enable users to seamlessly interact with both tabular data and attached PDF documents.

Here are the key technical points of the proposal:

• Document View Functionality: Users can navigate back and forth between rows, accessing a zoomable PDF viewer pane with row attachments and a row fields pane.
  • Editable Row Fields: Users can make changes to row fields while simultaneously reviewing and annotating the attached documents.
  • Paginated Navigation: The viewer pane includes intuitive navigation controls for multi-page documents and switching between multiple row attachments.
  • JSON Support: Annotation points and associated comments are stored in JSON files, enabling seamless integration with AI services like base64.ai or butlerlabs.ai.
  • Fluid User Experience: The feature aims to provide a smooth and fluid user experience for working with documents alongside tabular data.
  • API Accessibility: The enhanced Document View should be accessible through the API.
  • Correlation of Proof Points: The capability to correlate proof points with specific row fields, creating a strong connection between document data and tabular data.
  • Document Classification: The feature could facilitate connecting to document classification & data extraction toolsets trained on domain-defined document sets and user-defined inputs (e.g., Acct #, Vendor Name, Individual's Name, Addresses) for ubiquitous document logic & tagging. *Stored & processed in Smartsheet.

We're genuinely excited about the possibilities that this advanced Document View could unlock for Smartsheet users, allowing for smarter document handling and seamless integration with AI-driven processes while interacting with their Smartsheet data. It especially has many implications in Accounting, Project Management, really any business case involving a document where it needs to be organized or has important data on it...

Best regards,

Jeremiah

SheetPros

Tags:
5 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments