Row Report from Sheets in Workspace

If I have a set of folders under a workspace with different type sheets. Some will be Project plans, others may be RAID/CRAID Logs, etc. Is there a way to create a row report of all the RAID/CRAID Logs only, and separate from a similar row report with all the Project Plan line items?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kelly P.
    Kelly P. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@BStump

This method does produce separate reports:

The Project Plan report will include this filter: "Sheet Type" is one of "Project Plan" -- this filter will exclude rows coming from the RAID Log (and all other types of sheets) because those other sheets will have a value in their "Sheet Type" column that is not "Project Plan."

The RAID Log report will include this filter: "Sheet Type" is one of "RAID Log" -- this filter will exclude rows coming from the Project Plan (and all other types of sheets) because those other sheets will have a value in their "Sheet Type" column that is not "RAID Log."

Thus, each report will include a filter rule specifying that only rows with its own sheet type can be included.

Answers

• Kelly P.
    Kelly P. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/02/23

@BStump

I use a backend column ("Sheet Type") to for this type of situation. In the Project Plans, the backend column (for every row) has the same value of "Project Plan." Similarly, the backend column (for every row) in RAID Logs has a value of "RAID Log." Then, when creating the various reports, I can just include that backend column in my filters. You can use this method to assist with reports from sheet summaries by including a field for the sheet type.

To assist with row reports, I sometimes have a second backend column ("Section Type") to easily filter in/out summary/informational rows versus task rows.

Hope this helps!

• BStump
    BStump ✭✭✭

@Kelly P. Interesting suggestion. I was contemplating something like that, but ideally it would be good if the reports were fully separate.

• Kelly P.
    Kelly P. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@BStump

This method does produce separate reports:

The Project Plan report will include this filter: "Sheet Type" is one of "Project Plan" -- this filter will exclude rows coming from the RAID Log (and all other types of sheets) because those other sheets will have a value in their "Sheet Type" column that is not "Project Plan."

The RAID Log report will include this filter: "Sheet Type" is one of "RAID Log" -- this filter will exclude rows coming from the Project Plan (and all other types of sheets) because those other sheets will have a value in their "Sheet Type" column that is not "RAID Log."

Thus, each report will include a filter rule specifying that only rows with its own sheet type can be included.

• BStump
    BStump ✭✭✭

@Kelly P. That is cool and what I need.

• Kelly P.
    Kelly P. ✭✭✭✭✭✭