Multiple project intakes?

I am using the PMO templates and I want to use multiple project intake forms that feed into 1 single project intake sheet. This will allow me to distinguish different types or projects through forms.

Can someone tell me: 1. is this possible, 2. how, 3. what is the maximum number of intake forms that will work with a single project intake sheet?

Is this captured in a guide somewhere>

Answers

• Ramzi
    Ramzi ✭✭✭✭✭

You can create multiple forms in one sheet that all feed rows into it. On your sheet you can have a column called Source Form (dropdown) with all the forms listed as options. On each form make that field hidden with a default value with the desired Source Form value.

There is no documented limit to number of forms you can create for a single sheet.

I hope that helps you.

Smartsheet Solutions Architect

www.adapture.com

• Thanks, that helps, but now my "active projects" don't update no matter what I do. Is there a wiki, video tutorial or any documentation for this functionality?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@giovenco

Hi

I just wanted to say that @Ramzi was absolutely right. You can set up multiple forms (as many as you need) to feed one intake sheet.

The "Active Projects" metric usually counts projects that are in the "In Progress" status, are your projects actually In Progress or are they Not Started? Check to see what conditions your "Active Projects" report/metric is looking for an see if your data matches those conditions.

The presence of multiple forms shouldn't effect project metrics, only data does that.

Happy to zoom with you if you want to ask any further questions.

Kind regards

​Debbie Sawyer - Chief Smartsheet Solutions Officer (CSSO)

• Hi all,

I'm currently trying to understand if it's possible to use multiple intake forms to populate one row (project) in the sheet. I'm experiencing several issues form the headers changing names to duplicate projects being created. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks so much!

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Flankedit6

Apologies for any confusion in the answers on this thread. It is possible to use multiple forms on a sheet, but each form will create its own row in the sheet. You cannot have multiple forms filling in the SAME row in a sheet.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Debbie

• Thank you, Debbie. I'm new to smartsheet and after some research it looks like the best way to accomplish what we are trying to do is use a workflow and approvals to get all the necessary info using the same form. Do you know if there is a way to tag or connect information from the intake form to other forms like an AFE (Approval for Expenditure), so users would not have to fill out duplicate information as they work through the process form request to approval?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Flankedit6

Yes, that sounds right.

The Form itself will collect the MAIN data, then when you design either an Update Request workflow, or an Approvals Workflow, there is an area where you can detail the columns to show in the Update Request form or Approvals Form. If there is data already in those columns (collected via the MAIN form) then the data will show through the workflow forms. You can LOCK the columns in the sheet if you don't want the recipients of the workflow to be able to amend the data from other users.

This is a snip from a section of the approvals workflow screen to show where the fields are added...

Have a play around with it, it is very powerful.

Kind regards

Debbie