Manage Workflows and Saved Workflows

Good day all - I am still new on this platform can you please assist me in this question I have for Manage Workflows and Saved Workflows - I am having this occurring issue with an error I get when I try to save my workflow automation.

All my conditions runs successfully but when I change action to alert someone.

The send from Smartsheet automation massagemassage includes, massage only tick box

After I have included my massage and try to save my workflow, I get an error for [ Please ensure spelling is correct] even though my spelling is checked and correct.

I still get the same error which makes me not to save my workflow and I can not send the message to the responsible people to submit updates.

I also receive the same error when I try to save my workflow for a change action to Request an Update.

Best Answers

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Riana

Within your message body, are you referring to any columns at all?

Sometimes people use placeholders to insert data from the sheet into the message. If you have declared a placeholder by using {{ }} syntax and have popped a typo inside the {{}} then you will get an error like the one you describe and you will not be able to save your workflow.

Does this make sense? Do you use placeholders in your messages? Are the column names spelt correctly within them?

Kind regards

Debbie

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Hi Debbie

Thank you for your response to my question - I did exactly as you are describing my massage with a placeholder by using {{}} syntax still have the same error. Can I sent my massage to you for you to see if you can maybe see any fault in my massage as it's a long massage to send?

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Hi Debbie

This is my massage please can you assist me in seeing the fault in my massage. As its still giving me the error for spelling....

Hi All 

Samrand Red Alert AM & PM Update - {{Created}}

Please see below Red Alert AM & PM Update completed

Below Update was submitted by {{Submitter Name}} at {{Site Name:}} on {{Created}} with OB reference number - {{OB Number}}. The below inspection resulted in a score of {{Update Score}}%. 

Main Gate Operational - {{Main Gate Operational}}

{{1.Comments}}

Main Gate Area Clean & Tidy - {{Main Gate Area Clean & Tidy}}

{{2.Comments}}

Electric Fence Operational - {{Electric Fence Operational}}

{{3.Comments}}

Fuel Bouswer Lights Operational - {{Fuel Bouswer Lights Operational}}

{{4.Comments}}

Fuel Bouswer Area Clean & Tidy - {{Fuel Bouswer Area Clean & Tidy}}

{{5.Comments}}

Washbay Lights - {{Washbay Lights}}

{{6.Comments}}

Washbay Area Clean & Tidy - {{Washbay Area Clean & Tidy}}

{{7.Comments}}

Parking Area Shelter in Good Condition - {{Parking Area Shelter in Good Condition}}

{{8.Comments}}

Parking Area Clean & Tidy - {{Parking Area Clean & Tidy}}

{{9.Comments}}

Restroom Lights Operational - {{Restroom Lights Operational}}

{{10.Comments}}

Warehouse Lights Operational - {{Warehouse Lights Operational}}

{{11.Comments}}

Roller Doors Operational - {{Roller Doors Operational}}

{{12.Comments}}

Loading Cages Fencing in Good Order - {{Loading Cages Fencing in Good Order}}

{{13.Comments}}

Loading Cages Gate Operational - {{Loading Cages Gate Operational}}

{{14.Comments}}

Staff Clocking Machines Operational - {{Staff Clocking Machines Operational}}

{{15.Comments}}

Main Admin Building Lights Off - {{Main Admin Building Lights Off}}

{{16. Comments}}

Main Admin Building Area Clean & Tidy - {{Main Admin Building Area Clean & Tidy}}

{{17. Comments}}

Fire Extinguishers & Emergency Exits accesible - {{Fire Extinguishers & Emergency Exits accesible}}

{{18. Comments}}

Briefing Office Locked or Unlocked - {{Briefing Office Locked or Unlocked}}

{{19. Comments}}

Regards 

Red Alert Operations

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Is your Site Name column called Site Name or Site Name:

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Debbie

You are right on this one. The problem was my Site Name: it was as Site only on my sheet. I now resolved my issue. My workflow is saving successfully now. I Thank you so very much for your assistance. Please ignore the mail trail that I send you.

You must have a wonderful day. I appreciate your assistance.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Riana

No problem at all - glad I could help.

Kind regards

Debbie