Why can't I see my most recent Share links

Options

For some reason I can't see any share link created after 8th August. I know my team and myself have made them, but i cant see them.

Also on share links, is it true that if you create a share link from a collection that is view only, nobody can download the assets? Does that share link get its permissions from the collections you create it from?

ie the files I shared are in 3 collections, but because I shared it from a view only collection, even those with full access to those assets in another collection still cant download them, and there is no way to change the download settings for that share link. So I needed to create a new one...which I still cant see in the share link list.

Answers

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Clint Prior,

Hope you're doing well.

1. Regarding the share links that are not showing up if they were created after 8th August, that might be bug. We would recommend filling out a support ticket so the team can help you with it.
    2. As for your second question, if it is a view-only Brandfolder or collection, the assets will be download only via a share link; however, users can request to download as well.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

• Clint Prior
    Options

Thanks @Rebeca S.

I have logged this bug, hopefully its an easy fix.

Regarding the downloading from a share link, it is still unclear. I thought Share links were global, not tied to a collection. But it appears they are tied collections AND if a share link is created from a "view only" collection then they are NOT downloadable by anyone, even myself and I'm an admin. I can approve them, but if I click on the original share link it gives me the same notice:

And I can't change that "view only" status once it is created from a view only collection. I needed to recreate a new share link from an open collection and re-share.

Ultimately it is just work arounds for us now we know the issue, just raising it to see if my suspicion's were correct, or if it was a bug.

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Clint Prior,

We've reached out to the team with your question about the "view-only" collections and downloading from the Share links. We'll get back to you with more information as soon as possible.

• Clint Prior
    Options

For those who stumble across this, it turns out that 'view only' collections can only make 'view only' share links. So if you want people to download the images, create the share link in a collection that is open to download.

In addition, I learnt something new today - share links created from collections are only visible again from the blue bar at the bottom of that collection via + Add to -> Add to Share link.

This will show you the list of share links in that collection, let you add to them, but they are still not editable from there. If you want to be able to edit share links they need to be made at the upper most level of your Brandfolder.