Creating a way to monitor trends using Forms, column formulas, automatic workflows, and dashboards

hi, I'm having issues with designing and getting a specific process automated.

To be brief, I want to have a sheet that can be copied as part of a template that will automatically generate specific items in the column formula. This item is the URL to the form from this unique sheet. The form is automatically sent to personnel for information. The information is populated in the sheet. A dashboard is reading from a group of cells on a specific row and udpates after each submission. Submissions are expected weekly.

Problems I have encountered:

1. Manual process to copy URL for form on each sheet. Can this be automatically populated when creating a new sheet from a template instead?
  2. After submission the data in the Dashboard disappears because the reference location where data is populated changes.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Matt Kirby

There currently is no way to get the new form link into the sheet automatically.

For the dashboard, why don't you use the Sheet Summary? Or will it help if all new submissions are coming into the bottom of the sheet?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!