Send row attachment with automation

I am looking for instructions to send all of the attachments on a row with automation. Here is what I currently have:

Trigger: When a row is changed and an attachment is added

Action: Alert Someone - send to specific people

When the automation runs, the attachments are still not in the email. Am I missing something?

Answers

• Shanky Paul
    Shanky Paul ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Shannon, 

It looks like smartsheet automation workflow to include attachment will only work when they are added at the same time as the criteria that triggers the Automated Workflow to send the Alert.

A workaround is:

Make a second sheet with same column headers. 

On your first sheet, when your specific criteria is met, make a trigger to copy the row to your second sheet. 

On your second sheet, trigger when a new row is added and send it to specific people. Make sure to check the below "attachment" box in link to specific field on your automation.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

It will only send when the attachment triggers the Workflow.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Paul's suggestion of using another so-called helper sheet
    • The only other way to include all attachments is to use the Update Request feature instead

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.