Request for attaching photos -

MarkCep
MarkCep ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sending a request for the end user to attach photos. when they get the request and attach their photos and then submit, is it possible for them to reenter the request and attach more photos if they have forgotten to attach all of the photos initially? I am getting feedback if they try to reenter the request, they get a message that it is complete.

Best Answers

• StevenBlackburnMBA
    StevenBlackburnMBA ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You could have the initial request come through via email w an attachments upload and if the team member sends a message, can give yourself an override on the sheet side that can trigger the notification to trigger.

We have dynamic view and use it to build portals to enter info at the convenience of the submitter so updates can be done w/o creating a new row.

Certifications:

-Smartsheet 2023 Core Product Certification

-Smartsheet 2023 System Administrator Certification

• StevenBlackburnMBA
    StevenBlackburnMBA ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Sure - my email is on my profile, I’m happy to discuss this.

We create rows where a user (if they are the user logged in) can only see rows they are submitted as the user enters their email in a contact column. If they need anything, we have that dynamic view have a few selectable options set up w some triggers that can be selected during their tickets submission. Its a great value add.

Certifications:

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@MarkCep

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Steven's excellent advice/answer.

• Suppose Dynamic View (the best option, IMHO) isn't an option. You could use the Update Request feature to either trigger automatically so they can add more info or have a process where they submit a form with an ID, which would trigger the update request.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• StevenBlackburnMBA
    StevenBlackburnMBA ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You could have the initial request come through via email w an attachments upload and if the team member sends a message, can give yourself an override on the sheet side that can trigger the notification to trigger.

We have dynamic view and use it to build portals to enter info at the convenience of the submitter so updates can be done w/o creating a new row.

Certifications:

• MarkCep
    MarkCep ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to know more about how the dynamic view works with building a portal.

• StevenBlackburnMBA
    StevenBlackburnMBA ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Sure - my email is on my profile, I’m happy to discuss this.

We create rows where a user (if they are the user logged in) can only see rows they are submitted as the user enters their email in a contact column. If they need anything, we have that dynamic view have a few selectable options set up w some triggers that can be selected during their tickets submission. Its a great value add.

Certifications:

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@MarkCep

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Steven's excellent advice/answer.

• Suppose Dynamic View (the best option, IMHO) isn't an option. You could use the Update Request feature to either trigger automatically so they can add more info or have a process where they submit a form with an ID, which would trigger the update request.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.