Copy workflows

Is there a way to copy workflows to older versions of a sheet?

Answers

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @MSGFreebird ,

To my knowledge the only way to copy a workflow is to "Save as New", Is it a very complex workflow that will take time to create again or multiple workflows?

If you can share some more information maybe we can try and think of a work around it.

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

• @Itai, The sheet I am developing has been thru multiple iterations. There are about 50 project sheets created from those iterations. This version with the multiple workflows is hopefully the last one, but I really do not want to open each of the 50 sheets to manually recreate these 7 workflows that are in the latest version.

Hope that helps.

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MSGFreebird

Of course. I really hope someone here will have a good idea!

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

• Hi @MSGFreebird

There currently isn't a way to copy Workflows from one sheet to another; Workflows are unique per-sheet, which means you would need to edit each individual set-up to change your projects.

Please add your vote and voice to this Product Idea thread to let the Product team know about your request: Copying Workflows between Sheets

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• MSGFreebird
    MSGFreebird ✭✭
    edited 09/08/23

Even the ability to make my own workflow templates would be helpful. With the current capabilities of smartsheet, I now have to manually create 350 managed workflows. Massive inefficiency.

• bkw1962
    bkw1962 ✭✭✭

Honestly, if I had a dollar for every time I read "Unfortunately..." at the beginning of a SS employee's response, I'd be independently wealthy in no time. This tool really needs some heavier hitters building new features that users need.

• If you make a template out of sheet that has the workflow you want to copy paste it will do so, and the data or formula you can import ( either export than import via excel or use a copy workflow).