Syncing Smartsheet calender with Outlook

Options
2»

Comments

• Sandrine.O
    Options

Hello, Is there a way to remove the "calendar@smartsheet.com" that displays next to each calendar item in outlook after you sync your Smatsheet calendar with Outlook? Thank you

• asebastiani
    Options

Is there a solution for Outlook syncing on Mac computers? Creative team in dire need of syncing our project lists in outlook for mac. 

• zfisher
    zfisher ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I am looking to sync Smartsheet dates with Outlook calendars but it comes up with a message that I am not allowed to create a .pst file. Is this something linked to my company's internal IT?

• ShaynaSchultz1
    edited 11/19/19
    Options

Hello,

I've tested this and found it to be untrue. Both Outlook and the published SmartSheet calendar defer to the other on when a sync should take place. In order to fix this, you'll need to do the following: 

1. Open Outlook > file > options > advanced > send/ receive > schedule an automatic send/receive every (blank) minutes > (change time to desired time frame…suggested 3-5 minutes so as not to overwork servers) > select the Group Name “All Accounts” at the top of the same screen and ensure that calendar is checked >Look in the left-hand side of the same screen and select the "internet calendars" button. Ensure the appropriate calendar is selected > ok > close > ok.
    2. After that is complete: file > Account settings > account settings > internet calendars > select the name of the internet calendar > uncheck the update limit box.
  • saraha83081
    saraha83081 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Shayna!  This worked perfectly for me.  

• Alvin Ong
    Options

Hi, Is there solution to do the other way around which is syncing Outlook to Smartsheet Calender ? Meaning we send event invitation from Outlook to my Smartsheet Calender and update in my Smartsheet Calendar. Thanks

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Alvin Ong

I see that you posted a new question and were answered in this other thread.

As Andrée noted, there currently isn't a way to overlay an Outlook Calendar on Smartsheet, but you could overlay a Google calendar, see:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Donella
    Donella ✭✭
    Options

@Travis or other support staff:

I'm trying to publish a calendar to my 365 and it's telling me I need the business plan. On your pricing page, the pro plan (which I have) says "integration with 365." I tried pasting the link from the share dialog but that doesn't work either since it's not an .ics file link. Can you explain?  

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Donella

I'd be happy to help clarify! Publishing items is specific to Business and Enterprise plans which is why you're receiving that message, however Pro plans can access the Smartsheet for Outlook Add-in:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• MJackson
    Options

Hello,

I'm one of several people who use the same sheet for scheduling upcoming work. I have a filter that allows me to only see current items assigned to me. However, if I connect the sheet to my Outlook Calendar it pulls the entire sheet. How do I filter this? The Properties menu within Outlook doesn't appear to allow any filtering and there were no such options when I set up the Publishing function. Thanks.

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did this ever get answered? I would also be interested in seeing if there is a way for the "Organizer" to not appear as "calendar@smartsheet.com", and instead be able to designate who the organizer is based off of a field in the Smartsheet source sheet. I have designed a PTO request and tracking sheet, with a calendar link to our Outlook calendar. It would be great for the calendar item/event to show the PTO "requester" (contact field in the source sheet) as the organizer in Outlook. This way, when we are looking to schedule meetings with a set person using scheduling assistant in Outlook, it shows their PTO requests as blocked off times. Does that make sense?

• CAS the CSA
    Options

I have followed all the steps to add the iCal to Outlook desktop. The calendar was accepted perfectly but no events are populating. Please advise.