Using forms with Card views

We use Smartsheet to order sheetmetal ductwork for our HVAC jobs, and i'm trying to set up a form, linked to a card view, that will show wheta has been ordered and when it will be manufactured.

The form entry saves by defualt in the first lane on the card view, i was wondering if its possible to make this form save in a custom lane, as per the entry on the card?

Answers

• Philip Robbins
    Philip Robbins ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PeterJ,

Are you able to share a little more information about your use case?

Based on what you've stated, I would set up a custom column in the sheet with some drop-down options and use that to define the layout of the card view. I'd then set a default value on the form (and hide the field) so that new submissions go into the desired lane.

• PeterJ
    PeterJ ✭✭

Thanks mate, still a bit lost...😁 So i've attached a couple of screenshots for you, hopefully to make a bit of sense. We order sheetmetal ductwork from the factory and to date I use a sheet that i have to manually input what i have ordered and update when it goes through the manufacturing process, and i use the sheet to track what i've ordered. So i tried to make a form to standardise the ordering process, so the factory can see what i'm ordering same as I can. So when i fill out the form i want it to go straight into the 'recieved' column, not the uncategorized one. The other issue i have is when i i fill out the form, i cant get it to go to the factory, even though i have an 'assigned to' option, with them in it. I can get it because the form sends me a copy of my responses.

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @PeterJ,

First, you'll want to add the Status column to your form, make the Default option "Received", and then make that field hidden. This will make sure that all new form submissions will immediately go into the Received column in your card view.

For the factory notifications, you will need to set up an automation workflow so that when a new row is created, a notification goes out to the person/email in the Assigned to field.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!