Date format on dashboard not same as in sheet

Hello

I have set date format on my Smartsheet to display as 30-Aug-2024.

However when I use column in metric widget on dashboard it displays as 2024/08/30 (my default date setting).

I would like the dashboard dates to also display as 30-Aug-2024.

How do I do this?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/13/23

You would need to set up a text/number column with a formula that outputs a text string that replicates the format you are looking for.

=DAY(Finish@row) + "-" + nested_IF_to_output_month_text + "-" + YEAR(Finish@row)

The nested IF for the month text would look something along the lines of:

IF(MONTH(Finish@row) = 1, "Jan", IF(MONTH(Finish@row) = 2, "Feb", IF(MONTH(Finish@row) = 3, "Mar", ...........................................

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• aneekahTAL
    aneekahTAL ✭✭✭

Thanks ... this is rather long-winded when Smartsheet should rather provide a display format on dashboard widgets.

I opted to select columns I need into a summary report, and then use report widget on dashboard. The format carries through from smartsheet to report to dashboard

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Actually... I just tested it, and it did in fact pull the format for the date that I had stored in the sheet. You may need to reach out to Support.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com