How to handle plan review and approval

New to smartsheet and am just getting my organization setup.

We're a subcontractor, specifically fire alarm. Our work involves drafting system drawings and submitting them to various approvers (local fire departments, federal departments, architects and engineers).

How could I use smartsheet to automate our team's involvement in this process? We need to track the date submitted, automate internal follow-up reminders, and send alerts/notifications when we receive approvals.

Also, does it make sense to include the external plan review on a Gantt?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @nscherneck

I hope you're well and safe!

You can structure this in multiple ways, and the best depends on what license you and the others have, sensitive data, and more.

Without sensitive data between the parties involved, you could have a main sheet structured by approvers/departments and each document in one row. Then, you can collaborate and have conversations for each combined with an Approval Structure. Another option could be to use the Proofing feature and collaborate that way.

I need more details to give a better recommendation.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.