Actual vs Planned in a Task Sheet?

Amy Marable
Amy Marable ✭✭
edited 09/22/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Smartsheet Community!

I have a task sheet that needs to track the planned and actual dates for 4 different date columns. I am unable to find a way to add planned and actual columns, has anyone successfully done this? If so, then I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

Amy

Best Answer

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Amy Marable

I agree with @Alpha Chucky that you can add Date columns for "Actual" and "Planned" and update these as you need in your Sheet. You can create multiple sets of these as you need them - you mentioned having 4 date columns, so you could use these 4 columns your "Planned" Dates and then add 4 more for "Actuals". Or you could 8 columns to get 4 sets of "Planned" and "Actuals" based on the existing 4.

Smartsheet does have a built in Baselines feature that may help you, though if you have a need for multiple sets of these it might not be sufficient.

See: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482093-baselines

👨🏼‍💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting (Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner)

If this response helped you please help me & the community by accepting it and reacting as you see fit (💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome).

🆘 Smartsheet Consulting Inquiries: schoolofsheets.com/workwithus

▶️ Smartsheet Tutorial Videos: schoolofsheets.com/youtube

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

Answers