Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Not showing me who is in a Smartsheet

Scott Francis
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I use Smartsheet every day at work and am one of the licensed users.  Today I am noticing that it isn't showing me who is in a given Smartsheet.  I know someone is in it because I'll see the notification to refresh because they've made changes (they will be making updates all morning).

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Scott,

Try clicking the multi-user icon to the left of the sheet name at the top.

Needing to refresh may not necessarily indicate someone's actively looking at the sheet. For instance, people could be making changes via Form or Update Request, or from a report or linked cells—none of which requires that they open the source sheet. More information on these below:

Forms

Update Requests

Reports

Cell linking

I'd ask your colleagues specifically how they're accessing the sheet to make changes, maybe even have them provide you with the link they're using or screenshots.

Are you being prompted to refresh throughout the day or just when you come back to the sheet? If you left your browser open, they may have made changes that morning and left the sheet, making you refresh once.

This discussion has been closed.