Update Request Limitations and PDF (updated) generation with "Send Update request."

Hi,

Scenario 1: I have created an update request workflow in one of my projects, where if a participant chooses to return and later and submit (Included a field (Named: "Confirmation" at the end of the survey with two options 1. Finalize and submit, 2. Return Later), he/she will receive an email alert with update request. And the update request will be sent to person whose email was automatically captured in "Submitted by" field. For all the participants in this project a Smartsheet account was created with no license, and they will use their login details to complete their form (through which a "Submitted by" field is captured).

Now I can see in a workflow that "Some recipients may not get notified" and there are various permission levels. I do not want to share my sheet with any of the participants, and in this case will the update request workflow work?. If not, what other alternatives are available?

Scenario 2:

For the same project, I have created a workflow to generate pdf (using template) when participant choose Finalize and submit (but not return later). And I see that pdf is being attached to specific row for each submission, however even after doing final submissions (by selecting "Finalize and submit", if participants request to again send update requests, I will be clicking on the three little of the specific row to send update request. When form is submitted this way, the new pdf with updating information is not generating again. Is there any other workflow that would be recommended? or any other alternatives to consider in such instances?

Any recommendations/suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Best Answer

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mounika on your first question, you will need to set your sheet to the least restrictive setting so that update requests/notifications go out to people who are not shared to the sheet.

I am not quite sure I understand your 2nd question. You are saying that when you trigger UR via the sheet, generate PDF is not working? May be create a helper column in the sheet which would allow you to trigger a generate PDF workflow manually.

Answers

• Mounika
    Mounika ✭✭✭

Can someone please help with my questions?

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mounika on your first question, you will need to set your sheet to the least restrictive setting so that update requests/notifications go out to people who are not shared to the sheet.

I am not quite sure I understand your 2nd question. You are saying that when you trigger UR via the sheet, generate PDF is not working? May be create a helper column in the sheet which would allow you to trigger a generate PDF workflow manually.