Sheet Templates

Options
Eagle
Eagle
edited 09/25/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm new to the Smartsheet Planning group for our team so I'm coming in after years of them doing things a certain way. I'm trying to find a more efficient manner to manage updates to master sheets instead of rolling them out quarterly as we've been doing. Essentially every quarter we pull all feedback, make updates to the primary sheets we have, then the team uses the new version for any new projects going forward. This doesn't seem like the most efficient way to do this.

Right now we make multiple copies of a particular sheet and team members rename one of the copies for their project. The problem with this is if we find an error or an update we'd like to make to the master as we are working through our project, we can't push out updates to all sheets that are already being used. This means everyone is not potentially using the same version of the sheet.

I'm wondering if there is a way that if we need to make updates to the main sheet is there a way to get those updates to flow to all sheets being used. Would creating a template and people creating a sheet using the template work like this? Essentially making the sheets being used dynamic and up to date with all corrections/updates to the master template.

Answers

• Ward.Hively
    Ward.Hively ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello!

I dare not look further into this without seeing it but can say from experience that it sounds like you are looking for Smartsheet Control Center.

The feature is called "Global Updates". I have helped many organizations with Smartsheet Control Center. Please schedule a complementary consultation with me using the link below. At the very least, I will point you in the right direction!

https://calendly.com/take-the-skyway/30min

Ward Hively

President and Chief Consultant

🌉Skyway Consulting Co.🌉

Need Smartsheet Help? Schedule a complementary consultation click SCHEDULE

Does your Dashboard need a map that updates from Smartsheet Data? We pioneered 101+ ways to add a map to a Smartsheet Dashboard.

Smartsheet and GIS Integrations

ArcGIS Online

✅ Arc Py

✅ Smartsheet Advanced

✅ Manage your GIS records from Dynamic View, Sheet or Report

✅ No Code (Limited Applications Apply)

LinkedIn: (49) Ward Hively | LinkedIn