IF AND ISBLANK formula

Options

I need my formula to read:

IF the Comments Log Received is BLANK,

AND the Approval Status = "All Comments Resolved"

THEN calculate NETDAYS between Date Submitted and All Comments Resolved

This is what I have come up with. However it fails.

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Comments Log Received]@row), ([Approval / Status]@row = "All Comments Resolved")), NETDAYS([Date Submitted to SJTA]@row, [All Comments Resolved Date]@row)))

Thanks.

Tags:

Best Answer

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@SJTA (using this tag generates a notification)

Perhaps I'm not completely understanding, but this is a screenshot of what I thought your first question was asking for - the number of days between two dates if Comment is blank and Approval/Status = All Comments Resolved:

I added "na" to my formula if Comments is not blank to demonstrate.

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Comments Log Received]@row), ([Approval / Status]@row = "All Comments Resolved")), NETDAYS([Date Submitted to SJTA]@row, [All Comments Resolved Date]@row), "na")

Are you asking for it to be the opposite - only generate NetDays if Comments is not blank?

Answers

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/25/23
    Options

Hi @SJTA

I think you have one too many parenthesis at the end of your formula - instead of 3 try 2.

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Comments Log Received]@row), ([Approval / Status]@row = "All Comments Resolved")), NETDAYS([Date Submitted to SJTA]@row, [All Comments Resolved Date]@row))

Does that help?

• SJTA
    SJTA ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

That does not solve the problem. The result is a blank cell.

I thought my issue would be the order in which I have the IF, AND, and ISBLANK.

I need the formula to confirm the blank cell first and then calculate the date difference based on the values in 2 other cells.

If Cell A is BLANK, the value of cell B is 777 and the value of cell C is 999, what is the difference between cells D and E?

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@SJTA (using this tag generates a notification)

Perhaps I'm not completely understanding, but this is a screenshot of what I thought your first question was asking for - the number of days between two dates if Comment is blank and Approval/Status = All Comments Resolved:

I added "na" to my formula if Comments is not blank to demonstrate.

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Comments Log Received]@row), ([Approval / Status]@row = "All Comments Resolved")), NETDAYS([Date Submitted to SJTA]@row, [All Comments Resolved Date]@row), "na")

Are you asking for it to be the opposite - only generate NetDays if Comments is not blank?

• SJTA
    SJTA ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your help. It works 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!