Share folders?

Jbyrt
Jbyrt
edited 09/26/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Can I share word docs and excel docs with my team? we current share contacts but would like to be able to share files and use smart sheet as a central data base to pull from.

Any advice?

Kind regards,

Jbyrt

Best Answer

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jbyrt

You could attach the word and excel docs in a sheet and use different columns for descriptive words so people could easily search for each row containing the files.

If the files are informative (read only) then maybe, and I know this goes against the objective, consider storing them in OneDrive or a Shared File System and having hyperlinks to the files that people could access through Smartsheet. This way if a revision needs to occur on the file, it can be done once on the main source and the hyperlinks all stay intact to the updated file throughout Smartsheet.

There's probably some other ways too but people do use Smartsheet as a File Management System.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jbyrt

You could attach the word and excel docs in a sheet and use different columns for descriptive words so people could easily search for each row containing the files.

If the files are informative (read only) then maybe, and I know this goes against the objective, consider storing them in OneDrive or a Shared File System and having hyperlinks to the files that people could access through Smartsheet. This way if a revision needs to occur on the file, it can be done once on the main source and the hyperlinks all stay intact to the updated file throughout Smartsheet.

There's probably some other ways too but people do use Smartsheet as a File Management System.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner