Add values after form is created

fb_smd
fb_smd ✭✭
edited 09/26/23 in Smartsheet Basics

After a form is shared with someone else, is it possible that they add a value in another cell?

Best Answer

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @fb_smd,

If it is a field that you have to request be updated after a form is submitted, I would suggest creating an automation to send out an update request with the field(s) that need to be filled out. If, however, it's not consistent fields or information, then I would create a report for the submitters to access so they can edit/add information as needed.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

Answers

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @fb_smd,

If it is a field that you have to request be updated after a form is submitted, I would suggest creating an automation to send out an update request with the field(s) that need to be filled out. If, however, it's not consistent fields or information, then I would create a report for the submitters to access so they can edit/add information as needed.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• fb_smd
    fb_smd ✭✭

Thank you @Monique_Odom_Comcast, it helped to make the updated, the problem is that I don't want to have the chance to make changes to information that was already added. Maybe there is a way to add restrains there, or create multiple forms that upload the information to the smartsheet.