Dashboard Last Updated Date

Options
Jenn Moffett
Jenn Moffett ✭✭
edited 09/29/23 in Formulas and Functions

I would like to display the last time the dashboard was updated. My approach was adding a date field in the summary data that automatically pulls the last saved date of the sheet. I don't think I can do a formula in the date field type. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jenn Moffett,

One approach is as follows.

1. Create a helper column. Name it "Modified", and select "Modified Date" as the column type. You can optionally hide this column.
    2. Create a Sheet Summary field. Name is "Last Updated", and select "Date" as the column type.
    3. Type the following formula into the "Last Updated" Sheet Summary field: =MAX(Modified:Modified)

Hope that helps! I just tested it before recommending, and it worked like a charm! :)

BRgds,

-Ray

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jenn Moffett,

One approach is as follows.

1. Create a helper column. Name it "Modified", and select "Modified Date" as the column type. You can optionally hide this column.
    2. Create a Sheet Summary field. Name is "Last Updated", and select "Date" as the column type.
    3. Type the following formula into the "Last Updated" Sheet Summary field: =MAX(Modified:Modified)

Hope that helps! I just tested it before recommending, and it worked like a charm! :)

BRgds,

-Ray

• Jenn Moffett
    Options

That worked great for my first step. I have a follow up @Ray Lindstrom if you don't mind. I have a second dashboard, that publishes only a certain type of data from the list. So if This check box is checked true, produce max date modified out of those lines.

=IF([column]:[column]1,MAX(Modified:Modified),0) didn't work. getting #unparseable.

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jenn Moffett,

Glad that worked for you. I'm not quite following on your second request.

• Jenn Moffett
    Options

I have one sheet that contains all of the information, but 2 dashboards come out of that sheet. The formula worked well for the 1st dashboard since it's all the information. The second dashboard is only part of the sheet's information. So if a specific column has a check box that is true, then I want to get the max dates out of those true lines. If the check box is false, skip it. Does that explain the issue?

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Create a Sheet Summary field. Name it as you wish, and select "Date" as the column type.
    2. Type the following formula into the field: =MAX(COLLECT(Modified:Modified, [Checkbox Column]:[Checkbox Column], true))
    3. Replace the [Checkbox Column]:[Checkbox Column] part of the formula with your own checkbox column name.

Ensure your Sheet Summary field is a Date type column, or else you will get an error "#INVALID COLUMN VALUE".

Best of luck!

-Ray

• Jenn Moffett
    Options

amazing! thank you!!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!