Join the conversation on STEM education and help nurture the next generation of visionaries

Options
Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin
edited 10/11/23 in Sponsor X

Hello Community Members,

We've appreciated how you've supported our Sponsor X initiative and contributed to important conversations by sharing your stories and perspectives in order to shine a light on nonprofits doing meaningful and impactful work.

That's why I'm incredibly excited to share with you that Smartsheet and McLaren Racing are teaming up again, and will showcase Girlstart on the tracks at the United States Grand Prix.

You, our members can join the conversation and help shine a light on this deserving nonprofit that aims to bridge the gender gap in science, technology, engineering, and math by providing educational programs, mentorship, and resources to girls from all walks of life.

Answer the prompt in the comments below to unlock the Girlstart badge. 

Tell us about a woman in science, technology, engineering or math that inspires you.

Witness the inspiring journey of Girlstart, a national, woman-led nonprofit focused on increasing girls' interest and engagement in STEM through year-round, innovative, nationally-recognized informal education experiences. Through its suite of programming, Girlstart inspires girls to take on the world's greatest challenges by being brave, curious, and courageous. As their logo takes the front wing spot on McLaren Racing Formula 1 cars at the US Grand Prix, please join us in celebrating the impact Girlstart is having on thousands of girl’s lives.

About Sponsor X: At Smartsheet we believe our greatest power is unlocking the power of others. That’s why we’ve teamed up with the McLaren F1 team again to shine a light on an incredible nonprofit, Girlstart, by giving away our coveted spot on the McLaren F1 cars. Learn more

Comments

• apriljbarrera
    Options

My interest in STEM began in High School when I first learned of Ada Lovelace. Being educated during a time (born in 1815) when it was very unconventional for women to be educated is so inspiring. She received a comprehensive education, including studies in mathematics, music, and science, which would significantly influence her future contributions to STEM. She foresaw the potential of computing devices to handle tasks beyond numbers, even suggesting they could create music and art, foreshadowing the concept of artificial intelligence. Her vision was far ahead of her time and laid the foundation for modern computer programming.

Ada Lovelace's legacy continues to shape the world of STEM. Her pioneering work in computer science and mathematics, her visionary thinking, and her ability to break down gender barriers make her an enduring inspiration. The fact that her insights from the 19th century still resonate in the 21st century is a testament to the timeless relevance of her contributions. Ada Lovelace's life and work serve as a reminder that anyone, regardless of their background or gender, can make significant and lasting contributions to the STEM fields.

• Dawn_ATX
    Dawn_ATX ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tricia Berry. She is the Executive Director of Women in STEM (WiSTEM) at the University of Austin Texas and is doing amazing things to support local STEM efforts!

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Elizabeth Blackwell was a champion for women in STEM, having been the first woman in the United States to earn a medical degree (in 1849). I find her inspiring because I work for a children’s hospital where many of our doctors and clinical staff, including our Surgeon-In-Chief, are women. It’s amazing to think about how Dr. Blackwell paved the way for countless women in medicine over the past 174 years.

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!

• Brooke Y
    Brooke Y ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am inspired everyday by women in my network. My boss is a Technology VP for a large healthcare company and has the respect of her peers and the CEO. My former co-worker is a STEM teacher and very active in WiCys (women in cyber security), highlighting stories of women changing the Cyber world. I'm inspired by my daughter, who is not only graduating college this semester with a minor in Data because she sees it as a key to the future, but taught me some great ways to use AI.

Being a champion for those around you, lifts you all up.

Discover Girlstart

Unlock the badge & Support Girlstart

Support Girlstart and help nurture the next generation of visionaries