How many Global Updates can run at once

swaldon2
swaldon2 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am adding 50+ columns to my control center blueprint. How many global updates can I run at once in control center?

Best Answer

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @swaldon2

I would stick to one at a time. This is one of those situations where you probably don't want to push the boundaries of what's feasibly possible.

Also though, 50+ columns is a lot to add. Depending on how many projects you've ran and how complex they are, you might want to consider deleting them and just starting over. Maybe the 50 columns will need to be cross sheet referenced into metric sheets and stuff too. So you might spend more time in GU + manual udpdates than you would just starting over.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @swaldon2

I would stick to one at a time. This is one of those situations where you probably don't want to push the boundaries of what's feasibly possible.

Also though, 50+ columns is a lot to add. Depending on how many projects you've ran and how complex they are, you might want to consider deleting them and just starting over. Maybe the 50 columns will need to be cross sheet referenced into metric sheets and stuff too. So you might spend more time in GU + manual udpdates than you would just starting over.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner